This Colonial revival-style home was built in 1922. This style home features an accentuated front door with a decorative crown or pediment. The facade normally shows symmetrically balanced windows and center door and window with double-hung sashes, frequently in adjacent pairs.
The home was built for Thomas P. Duncan, a pioneer miller and widely recognized grain expert. Through his association with Frank Kell, Duncan came to Wichita Falls in 1900 as manager of the Wichita Mill & Elevator Company. He died at the age of 71 in 1948. The funeral services were held in this home. Duncan’s widow lived in the home until 1955.
John M. & Mable Speice owned the home from 1960 to 1992. Mr. Speice was an Interior Decorator with Huff Furniture Galleries. Mr. & Mrs. Speice had a large family that they raised in this home.
The current owners, Jerry and Mary Royal have lovingly redecorated the home to reflect the lives of their young, growing family while retaining the home’s historical elegance. The Royal’s have two girls aged 5 and 2 and a boy on the way in July.